How to fall asleep fast in 10 to 120 seconds? When applying these quick ways to sleep, you can dispel all stress and restore your health after a long tiring day. The easiest way to fall asleep quickly is to just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax your whole body!
Do you often lie awake before going to sleep? The more you try to sleep, the more you fall into a vicious cycle of worry and stress that makes it harder for your mind to fall asleep. When your mind can’t rest, neither can your body. However, you can apply a few quick and deep sleep methods based on scientific principles.
Let’s learn how to fall asleep fast in 10 seconds, 60 seconds and 120 seconds!
How to fall asleep fast in 10 seconds
One of the most precious wishes of many people is to be able to lay down and fall asleep within 10 seconds. You can try to practice the “army method” of fast sleep to achieve what you want. The method below can take up to 120 seconds to complete at first, but later you can snore from the first 10 seconds.
How to fall asleep fast according to the military method
Sharon Ackerman This method was first described in the book ” Relax and Win: Championship Performance ” ( Relax and win: Class champion ).
The US Navy Pre-Flight School has helped pilots get into the habit of falling asleep in two minutes or less , Ackerman said . This easy military way to sleep really works, even if they’ve just had a cup of coffee or a gunshot is heard in their ears!
Steps to implement the military method
To apply the military method of fast sleep, follow these steps:
- Relax all your facial muscles, including the muscles inside your mouth.
- Relax your shoulders to release tension and let your arms hang by your sides.
- Exhale gently, relaxing your chest.
- Relax your legs, thighs and calves.
- Clear your mind with soothing relaxing images.
If you still can’t fall asleep, tell yourself and over and over: “Stop thinking, don’t think…”. Your head will get heavier and you can fall asleep within 10 seconds!
You can rely on the principles of breathing and muscle relaxation when learning how to fall asleep quickly and deeply according to the military method. This is a scientifically proven way to fall asleep fast.
How to fall asleep fast in 60 seconds
You can use one of two methods of focusing on the breath or the muscles. The first time you apply this 1-minute fast sleep method, it may take you about 2 minutes to see the effect.
How to fall asleep quickly using the 4-7-8. Breathing method
This is a method that combines meditation breathing exercises with memory or imagination. To prepare for this quick sleep, place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth and behind your two front teeth. Keep your tongue there the whole time you “sleep” and pucker your lips slightly as you learn to breathe.
How to perform the 4-7-8 breathing method as follows:
- Let your lips open slightly and make a whistling sound as you exhale through your mouth.
- Then close your lips and inhale gently through your nose. You count from 1 to 4 in your head.
- Next, hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- You exhale for 8 seconds with the sound “Om…om…om…um…um…um…um…um…mm…” (*)
- You should avoid breaking the silence at the end of each cycle. Try to practice this fast sleep without thinking about anything.
(*) This is a way to simulate the sound of the mantra “Om” in yoga, which has the effect of eliminating toxins and purifying the essence inside the body. This mantra also helps you sleep easier by pushing out the negative emotions that remain inside.
You should complete this cycle in 4 full breaths. Let your body sleep if you feel the relaxation comes earlier than expected.
How to fall asleep fast by muscle relaxation method
The general rule of thumb when doing a quick sleep with muscle relaxation method is that you will alternately tensing the muscles and relaxing the body parts.
- Raise your eyebrows as high as you can for 5 seconds. This will help stretch your forehead muscles.
- Relax your muscles instantly and feel stress relief. Wait 10 seconds.
- Smiling widens your cheeks. Hold for 5 seconds. Relax.
- Pause 10 seconds.
- Squinting with half-closed eyes. Hold for 5 seconds. Relax.
- Pause 10 seconds.
- Tilt your head back slightly so that you are comfortable looking up at the ceiling. Hold for 5 seconds. Relax as your neck drops back to the pillow.
- Pause 10 seconds.
- Continue the stretch and relax technique down the rest of your body, from biceps to chest, thighs to feet.
- Let yourself fall asleep, even if you don’t finish stretching and relaxing the rest of your body.
When performing the muscle relaxation method, focus on feeling the whole body relax in the most comfortable state.
How to fall asleep fast in 120 seconds
If the military fast sleep method, 4-7-8 breathing and muscle relaxation are not effective, you can try a combination of 3 methods to help you fall asleep within 2 minutes including:
- Tell yourself you “need to be awake”
- Imagine a peaceful space
- Acupressure to sleep better
To do this fast and deep sleep, you need to practice many times to be able to do it perfectly.
Tell yourself you “need to be awake”
This is a method based on the principle of ” paradoxical intention” to help you fall asleep simply. When you find it difficult to sleep, pull out a thick book or English learning material and say to yourself, “I need to stay awake to read 10 pages”. You will probably feel drowsy from the very first page! If there is any unfinished work on the company, you can also pull it out to do it. This fast way to sleep is actually more effective than you think.
The Paradoxical Intention for Insomnia study found that people who practice this method feel sleepy faster than those who don’t. If you are often stressed due to work pressure , this quick sleep method is more effective than traditional methods such as deep breathing or relaxation.
Imagine a peaceful space
Many people believe that the act of imagining will make what you want come true. You can use this as the fastest way to fall asleep when other methods don’t work.
In a 2002 study by the University of Oxford (UK), scientists found that people who were immersed in imaginary images fell asleep faster.
Instead of lying down counting sheep, imagine yourself relaxing in a peaceful space such as a beach in the sunset, a field of gentle fragrant lavender, a gentle breeze blowing rice fields…
Acupressure to sleep faster and deeper
You can apply some of the following acupressure methods to help you sleep better when you have insomnia
How to do acupressure to sleep better as follows:
- Feel the small, hollow space under the palm.
- Gently massage in circles or up and down.
- Press down on the left side of the acupoint with light pressure for a few seconds, then hold the right side.
- Repeat the operation on the nerve center of the other wrist.
- With your palm facing up, count the width of 3 knuckles from the crease of your wrist.
- Use your thumb to press with steady force between the tendons.
- You can massage in circular motions or up and down until you feel your muscles relax.