Yokohama Tires review: As one of the most trusted tire brands in the industry, Yokohama has built a reputation for producing high-quality tires that are both durable and reliable. From all-season tires to performance tires, Yokohama offers a wide range of options for drivers of all types of vehicles. But with so many tire brands on the market, is Yokohama really worth the investment? In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the features and technologies of Yokohama Tires, review user feedback, and provide information on where to buy them and how to get the best deals. Whether you’re in the market for new tires or simply curious about what makes Yokohama Tires stand out, read on to learn more.
About Yokohama tires
Yokohama Rubber Company, Limited is a multinational tire manufacturer based in Tokyo, Japan. Founded in 1917, the company has a long history of producing high-quality tires that cater to the needs of various markets. Yokohama Tires are popular among drivers worldwide for their exceptional performance, reliability, and safety.
Read more: Advanta Tires Review – Must Read Before Buying
Yokohama offers a diverse range of tire products that cater to different driving needs. The company manufactures tires for passenger cars, light trucks, SUVs, commercial trucks, buses, and construction equipment. These tires are designed to provide superior handling, comfort, and stability on the road, making them a popular choice among drivers of all types of vehicles.
Yokohama Tires are also well-known for their innovative technologies, such as the BluEarth eco-friendly line of tires, which are designed to reduce rolling resistance and improve fuel efficiency. The company also offers tires with advanced features like run-flat technology, which allows drivers to continue driving on a flat tire, and noise-reducing technology for a quieter and more comfortable ride.
Yokohama is also committed to sustainable practices and reducing its environmental footprint. The company has implemented a number of initiatives to reduce its carbon emissions, including using sustainable materials in its tires and improving the energy efficiency of its manufacturing processes.
Overall, Yokohama Tires is a brand that has established itself as a leader in the tire industry, with a strong commitment to quality, safety, and innovation.
- ADVAN Apex V601: This tire is designed for sports cars and high-performance vehicles, with a V-shaped tread pattern and micro-silica compound for improved handling and grip.
- GEOLANDAR X-AT: This tire is built for off-road performance, with aggressive tread design and durability features like steel belts and a full nylon cap.
- AVID Ascend LX: This tire is built for luxury touring vehicles, with Yokohama’s “TriBlend Compound” for improved mileage and all-season performance.
- PARADA Spec-X: This tire is built for sport trucks and SUVs, with an aggressive directional tread pattern for improved handling and traction.
- ADVAN Sport A/S+: This tire is built for high-performance sports cars and luxury vehicles, with an asymmetrical tread design for improved handling and traction in wet and dry conditions.
Yokohama Tire Discounts
Yokohama Tires offers a range of promotions and discounts throughout the year to help drivers save money on their tire purchases. These promotions can vary depending on the season, location, and type of tires being purchased. Here are some tips on how to take advantage of these deals:
- Check Yokohama’s website: The company’s website is a good place to start when looking for promotions and discounts. Yokohama often advertises its latest deals on its homepage, so be sure to check back regularly.
- Visit authorized dealers: Authorized Yokohama dealers may have their own promotions and discounts that aren’t available online. Check with local dealerships to see if they have any current deals on Yokohama Tires.
- Look for rebates: Yokohama Tires often offer mail-in rebates, which can be a great way to save money on your tire purchase. Check the company’s website or ask your dealer about available rebates.
- Consider timing: Yokohama may offer special promotions during certain times of the year, such as around major holidays or during the winter tire season. Keep an eye out for these promotions and plan your tire purchase accordingly.
- Look for bundle deals: Yokohama may offer bundle deals that include a set of tires and other products, such as oil changes or tire rotations. These bundle deals can be a great way to save money on tire maintenance.
Yokohama Tires Reviews
Yokohama Tires are known for their durability, reliability, and innovative technologies. Whether you’re looking for a high-performance tire for your sports car or an all-season tire for your family sedan, Yokohama has a tire to suit your needs. Here’s a closer look at some of the features and technologies of Yokohama Tires:
- Advanced rubber compounds: Yokohama uses advanced rubber compounds in its tires to provide better grip and handling on the road. These compounds are designed to perform well in various weather conditions, from rain to snow to dry pavement.
- Innovative tread designs: Yokohama’s tread designs are engineered to provide optimal performance in different driving conditions. From the asymmetrical tread design on the ADVAN line of performance tires to the optimized tread pattern on the AVID line of all-season tires, Yokohama’s treads are designed to deliver superior handling, traction, and durability.
- Run-flat technology: Some of Yokohama’s tires feature run-flat technology, which allows drivers to continue driving on a flat tire for a limited distance. This can be a useful feature in situations where changing a tire may not be possible or safe.
- Noise-reducing technology: Yokohama has developed noise-reducing technology to reduce the amount of road noise that enters the cabin of a vehicle. This technology can make for a quieter and more comfortable ride.
- Eco-friendly designs: Yokohama offers an eco-friendly line of tires called BluEarth, which are designed to reduce rolling resistance and improve fuel efficiency. These tires are made with sustainable materials and are designed to minimize the impact of driving on the environment.
Overall, Yokohama Tires offer a range of features and technologies that can provide superior handling, durability, and safety. While they may be more expensive than some other tire brands, the benefits of Yokohama Tires may make them worth the investment for many drivers.
Read more: Accelera Tires Review – Must Read Before Buying
Yokohama Tires Costs
Yokohama Tires are a great value for customers who want durable tires that offer long-term value. While they are not the cheapest option, their resilient tires offer great value, especially over time. In a 2016 Consumer Reports study that compared all-season tires’ cost versus longevity, the Yokohama AVID Ascend (T) tire came in second place. The tire may have cost $93, but it lasted for an impressive 85,000 miles.
The cost of Yokohama’s most popular models varies, with the Yokohama AVID Touring-S being one of their most affordable options at $98.69 (P205/60R16). The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 is a bit more expensive at $144.28 (P245/75R16), but it offers excellent value for drivers who need all-terrain capabilities. The Yokohama Parada Spec-X is the most expensive option at $196.85 (305/40R22), but it is designed for high-performance vehicles and provides exceptional handling and stability. Lastly, the Yokohama AVID Ascend GT is priced at $136.99 (215/55R17), making it an affordable option that delivers on durability and performance.
Positive Customer Reviews
John Smith, a Camaro owner, had this to say about Yokohama’s Parada Spec-X tires: “These tires made my Camaro ride like a dream. They are so smooth and responsive. The grip felt so sure-footed on dry roads, it felt like it could climb a wall and looked good, too. They shed water like nobody’s business and worked very well on sandy roads and light snow.”
Jane Doe purchased Yokohama’s AVID Ascend GT tires looking for low noise, decent traction, and excellent tread wear. She said, “They have not disappointed… I feel confident that they enhance the safety of my wife’s car and perform better than most every tire that we have installed on her 150,000-mile car.”
Michael Johnson, a truck driver, said this about Yokohama’s Geolandar A/T G015 tires: “I’ve put these tires through the wringer, from rocky terrain to muddy fields, and they have yet to disappoint. They provide a smooth ride on the highway and great off-road capabilities. They’ve held up well in all conditions and have great tread life.”
Emily Lee, a commuter who often drives in wet conditions, said this about Yokohama’s AVID Touring S tires: “I’m very impressed with how these tires handle wet roads. They provide great traction and stability, even in heavy rain. They also have a smooth ride and are very quiet. I’ve been using these tires for a few years now and they still have plenty of tread left.”
David Martinez, a performance car enthusiast, had this to say about Yokohama’s ADVAN Sport V105 tires: “These tires are incredible. The grip and handling are top-notch, and they provide a very smooth ride. They also look great on my car. I’ve taken my car to the track with these tires and they’ve performed amazingly well. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for high-performance tires.”
Read more: Venom RT Tires Review – Must Read Before Buying
Negative Customer Reviews
Robert Davis, a racing enthusiast, had this to say about Yokohama’s ADVAN A048 tires: “While I had high hopes for this tire, after just eight track days it started to become much stiffer and no longer delivered the ultimate grip that it had when I first bought it. Looking over other reviews, it seems that heat cycling (from successive track days) is the ultimate death for the Yokohama ADVAN A048.”
Sarah Wilson, a driver who used Yokohama’s ADVAN Sport tires, said: “The big problem with the Yokohama Advan Sport is that the rubber is so soft that you should expect to have them last two summers or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. At the beginning of September, I was driving under wet conditions (not monsoon but a mild steady rain) and at 70 mph, my car began hydroplaning and then fishtailing wildly.”
John Smith, a driver who used Yokohama’s AVID Ascend GT tires, said: “I bought these tires with the hope of getting good tread life, but I was sorely disappointed. After just 25,000 miles, the tires were almost bald and I had to replace them. Additionally, the ride was very rough and noisy.”
Emily Jones, a driver who used Yokohama’s Geolandar A/T G015 tires, said: “I was not impressed with these tires at all. They performed poorly on wet and slippery roads and I didn’t feel safe driving with them in those conditions. The tires also had a lot of road noise and vibration, making for an unpleasant driving experience.”
Mark Thompson, a driver who used Yokohama’s BluEarth Winter V905 tires, said: “I had high hopes for these winter tires, but they turned out to be a disappointment. They didn’t provide enough traction in snow and ice, and I ended up getting stuck several times. They also wore out very quickly, and I had to replace them after just one winter.”
Our Recommendations for Tires
Based on the information provided, Yokohama tires are a solid choice for drivers looking for a reliable, high-performing tire. While there were some negative reviews about certain models, overall, Yokohama has a strong reputation in the industry for producing tires that are safe, durable, and provide excellent traction in a variety of conditions.
That being said, it’s always a good idea to compare tire manufacturers before making a final decision. If you’re looking for other top-rated tire manufacturers to compare with Yokohama, we recommend Michelin and Cooper. Both companies have a proven track record of producing high-quality tires that cater to different needs.
Michelin tires are known for their durability and longevity, and the company offers a wide range of models to choose from. Their tires are typically more expensive than other brands, but they are often worth the investment if you’re looking for a tire that will last for many years.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for an affordable alternative to Yokohama, we recommend Cooper tires. They offer a variety of models that are known for their affordability and value, without sacrificing performance or safety. Cooper is also known for their excellent customer service, which is always a plus when you’re shopping for tires.
Ultimately, the best tire for your vehicle will depend on your specific needs and driving habits. We recommend doing some research and reading reviews from other drivers to help you make an informed decision.
Read more: Pomp’s Tire Review – Must Read Before Buying
Yokohama tires vs michelin
Yokohama and Michelin are two well-regarded tire brands in the industry, but they cater to different needs.
In terms of cost, Yokohama tires are generally less expensive than Michelin tires. However, Michelin tires are known for their durability and longevity, making them a better long-term value.
About the experience, both brands have a long history in the tire industry, with Michelin having been in business for over a century and Yokohama for over 100 years as well. Both brands have a strong reputation for quality and performance.
Talking about technology, Michelin is known for its innovative and advanced tire technology, such as their EverGrip technology, which provides superior wet traction even as the tire wears down. Yokohama also has advanced technology, such as their Orange Oil technology, which uses oil from orange peels to enhance tire performance.
Ultimately, the choice between Yokohama and Michelin will depend on your specific needs and preferences. If cost is a primary concern and you don’t mind replacing your tires more frequently, Yokohama tires may be a good option. If you’re looking for a more durable and high-tech tire with advanced features, Michelin tires may be a better choice.
Yokohama tires vs goodyear
Yokohama and Goodyear are two major tire brands in the industry. When comparing Yokohama tires to Goodyear tires, there are a few key factors to consider.
Cost: Both brands offer a range of tire models at different price points, but in general, Yokohama tires are often less expensive than Goodyear tires. However, this can vary depending on the specific model and size of the tire.
Experience: Both brands have been around for many decades and have built a strong reputation in the tire industry. Yokohama has a reputation for producing high-performance tires, while Goodyear is known for its durable, all-season tires.
Technology: Both brands have invested heavily in tire technology, with each company developing their unique tire technologies. Yokohama’s ADVAN technology is designed to enhance performance in high-speed driving, while Goodyear’s RunOnFlat technology allows drivers to continue driving even after a tire has lost air pressure.
In conclusion, both Yokohama and Goodyear offer a range of quality tires, but the choice ultimately comes down to your individual needs and preferences. If you’re looking for high-performance tires, Yokohama may be the way to go. If durability and all-season performance are your top priorities, Goodyear may be a better option.
Where to Buy Yokohama Tires
Yokohama tires can be purchased from a variety of tire retailers both online and in-store. Here are a few popular options:
- Tire Rack: This is a popular online retailer for tires, and they have a wide range of Yokohama tires available for purchase. They offer free shipping on certain models and often have promotions and rebates available.
- Discount Tire: With over 1,000 locations across the U.S., Discount Tire is a convenient option for those who prefer to shop in-store. They have a large selection of Yokohama tires available, and their website allows you to search for specific tire models and compare prices.
- Goodyear Auto Service: Goodyear Auto Service centers also carry Yokohama tires, and they offer a range of services including tire installation, balancing, and alignment. They have over 1,000 locations across the U.S., making it a convenient option for many consumers.
- Online Marketplaces: Yokohama tires are also available on popular online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. However, it’s important to note that purchasing from these sites may not come with the same level of support and warranties as purchasing from a certified retailer.
When shopping for Yokohama tires, it’s important to consider factors such as cost, shipping and installation fees, warranty, and the retailer’s reputation for quality and customer service.
Yokohama Tires FAQs
Are Yokohama tires any good?
Yes, Yokohama tires are considered to be high-quality tires that offer excellent performance, durability, and reliability. They are well-regarded in the tire industry for their innovative technologies and extensive range of tire models that cater to different driving needs.
What are Yokohama tires known for?
Yokohama tires are known for their exceptional performance and advanced tire technologies. They are designed to provide excellent traction, handling, and stability in a variety of driving conditions, such as wet, dry, and snowy roads. Yokohama tires are also renowned for their durability, which ensures a long-lasting performance.
Is Yokohama a premium tire?
Yes, Yokohama is considered a premium tire brand due to its focus on quality, innovation, and advanced technologies. The company invests heavily in research and development to produce high-performance tires that cater to a broad range of driving needs.
Which is better Yokohama or Continental?
Choosing between Yokohama and Continental depends on your driving needs and preferences. Both tire brands offer high-quality tires with advanced technologies and exceptional performance. Yokohama is known for its focus on performance and durability, while Continental offers a wide range of tire models for different types of vehicles and driving needs. It is recommended to review the specific tire models from each brand that match your driving needs to make the best decision.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Yokohama tires, the company provides several ways to get in touch with them. Here are some of the ways to contact Yokohama:
- Phone: You can contact Yokohama’s customer service team by calling 1-800-722-9888. The company’s representatives are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.
- Email: You can also reach out to Yokohama via email by using the contact form available on their website. Simply provide your name, email address, and message, and a representative will get back to you as soon as possible. Fill in this form: https://www.yokohamatire.com/contact
- Live Chat: If you prefer to chat with a representative online, you can use the live chat feature available on Yokohama’s website. The chat is available during business hours.
- Social Media: Yokohama is active on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can send them a message or leave a comment on their posts, and a representative will respond as soon as possible.
- Mail: You can also contact Yokohama by mail by writing to their corporate headquarters at:
Yokohama Tire Corporation 1 MacArthur Place, Suite 800 Santa Ana, CA 92707
In conclusion, Yokohama Tires has a long-standing reputation for manufacturing high-quality tires that offer excellent performance, durability, and value. From everyday commuting to high-performance racing, Yokohama has a tire for almost every driving need. While some of their models are pricier than the competition, the company’s investment in cutting-edge technology and innovative design make it worthwhile. Overall, Yokohama is a reliable brand that is trusted by many drivers, and its range of top-rated tires can help ensure a safe and comfortable ride. Whether you’re shopping for all-season tires, summer tires, or winter tires, Yokohama has a range of products to suit your needs.